Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Football (Birthday) Fever

I'm hearing that song in my head as I type this:  Are you ready for some football?...
I am a football fan, but not what you would call an enthusiast.  I know a few teams, watch a few games a year, and somewhat keep up with playoffs.  But I recently created a set of first birthday invitations that had me doing my homework.  A good friend of mine sent me a few inspirations asking me if I could design her son's first birthday invites featuring her and her hubby's favorite football teams.  Between the two of us, we came up with a really neat and unique invite perfect for the party's theme.







After some deliberation, they decided on four different teams.  Each invite was printed on glossy paper to insure the bold team colors kept their crispness, and then was layered on black cardstock.  The end result, I think, was pretty awesome.  And I love the incorporation of the little guy's photo!  Makes it one-of-a-kind.

After the party was over and all the gifts opened (and played with I'm sure!), the birthday boy's mom asked if I would design Thank You cards to coordinate with the invites.  I kept these simpler, as I know everyone is on a budget these days.  The design was printed on smooth white cardstock with a blank interior. **On a side note, I think it is super awesome that they sent out Thank You cards!  You just don't see that much anymore!

This was definitely a fun set to create!

I am now working on a Mickey-themed birthday set for a sweet little boy turning 2!  The party is next month, so you'll have to wait a bit to see, but I think it'll be worth it! :)


Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did you think? I'd love to know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails