Friday, November 16, 2012

New Wedding Stuff!!

If you've kept up with me on Facebook, then you know I've been working on a few new wedding designs.  It's been too long since I've sat in the design seat (graphically speaking) so I was excited to get back to work on a couple of designs that have been on the back burner for quite some time, as well as a new one.

I've been trying to get myself to broaden my horizons, so these new designs feature a new technique for me, while another design gets a little trendy.  I typically try to stay away from trends and keep things more classic or unique, but I couldn't stay away from this one.

So, without further ado, I present the three newest members of the {be made designs} Wedding Invitation Collection!!
 

"Folk in Love"

The inspiration for this set came from an Amish hex sign my husband and I purchased on our anniversary trip last year to Fredericksburg, TX.  There is a great little Amish shop there with a wide selection (at the time) of these hex signs.  The one we purchased is a symbol of true love, featuring two love birds.  It is such a great example of folk art, and love birds are so timeless.  Thus, "Folk in Love" was born in my mind.
 
 
The invitation has a folk-artish feel (but maybe a bit modern, too), and features a distressed graphic of two love birds.  The corners are detailed with a flower cut-out and have been hand-aged.  They are printed on an ivory cardstock, then layered on kraft cardstock, which also has rounded corners that have been hand-aged.
 
 
 The invitation includes an RSVP card, if necessary, that is simple with its rounded corners and aged edges, but sweetly coordinates with the invite and Save the Date card.

The Save the Date card features the same love birds, as well as the same flower corner cut-outs and hand aged.  It is also layered on kraft cardstock.


Overall, this set has a aged feel, but is fun and sweet at the same time.  I absolutely LOVE how these turned out!! 




"Found Souls"
A little over a year ago, I had the honor of being Matron of Honor at my brother's wedding.  With such an honor comes the anticipated MoH/sisterly toast.  *cringe*  But I bucked up, and found some great quotes to offer advice to the newly wedded couple.  One of them became an instant favorite with me, and one I thought would be beautiful on an invite.

"Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies." --Aristotle

As the design was based on a quote, I didn't want to do graphics.  I wanted the words to be the focus.  Recently, I've been trying my hand at calligraphy, and I'm still learning, but found a great tutorial over at Jones Design Company on how to fake calligraphy.  Using her techniques, I scripted Aristotle's beautiful words. 

Here's where I got a little trendy.  If you are on Pinterest, you know that chalkboards are SUPER hot right now.  After seeing so many great graphics using chalkboards--whether actual chalkboards or made-to-look-like chalkboard graphics--I had to try my hand at it.  I thought it would add a bit of whimsy to the invites, too.

The design is actually really simple, especially in just black & white, but I love how it looks.



The set includes an invitation, which is printed on smooth cardstock, an RSVP card (if necessary), and a coordinating Save the Date card.  The RSVP and Save the Date cards are intended to be postcards {saving you postage :)} but can be sent in an envelope.




This is also a great set for a budget-minded bride, as these will be offered as a Print-It-Yourself set.  I will customize your wording, as well as hand-script the bride and groom's names, then the file will be sent to you for printing at your convenience. :)




"Riding With My Love"

This set has no obvious inspiration, just an idea I had one day, that became a sketch, that, then, became a tangible design.  These are meant to be simply fun, evoking a feel of a carnival or fair from days gone by.
 
 
The invitation features fun graphics, including a sepia pair of pointing fingers, Ferris wheel and old-fashioned carousel.  The corners are inverted-rounded and have been lightly hand-aged.  It is printed on white cardstock then layered on a textured navy cardstock.
 
 
The RSVP card is your ticket to the merriment!  A simple ticket design featuring a sepia carousel faded in the background, as well as clipped corners.  It is printed on textured white cardstock with lightly aged edges.
 
 
The Save the Date card is simple, with just a hint of fun.  It is also printed on white cardstock with lightly aged edges and layered on textured navy cardstock.
 
 
This set is fun but a little elegant too.  I'm lovin' the end result!
 
 

These will be the first items for sale in the re-opening of my Etsy shop.  It has certainly been a long time coming but I'm excited to get it up and running again.  I think these are a great addition to my collection, but they are inspiring me to take another look at a few of my other designs and maybe give them a tweak or two. 

So if you know of a future bride that may love these newbies, I'd love for you to pass them along!  Even though my shop isn't open just yet, anyone can contact me anytime about purchasing one of my designs.
 
Just a lil' note:  these designs are born from my head from many inspirations in my world, but they are mine.  I put a lot of heart into what I make and hope that you appreciate the love enough that stealing them is the last thing on your mind. :)
 
I am always open for custom designs, so if you see something that inspires you, let's put our heads together and make something magnificent! 
 
Hope you enjoyed the debut!!!  I know I did!! :D
 
ta-ta for now...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did you think? I'd love to know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails