Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Copper is the New Gold!

I am not a gold girl.  I've really never owned any gold jewelry--at least since I've been old enough to know I don't like gold, he he.  I have a couple of pieces now that I inherited from my mom, but that's it.  I don't do gold accessories/home decor or gold appliqued clothing.  I just don't do gold much.  {"ok, ok, we get it..."}

Silver and oil-rubbed bronze have been my go-to metals.  That's pretty evident wherever you look in my home.  But there has been a new metal slowly creeping its way into my life.....copper.


This is a very, very recent happening.  See, almost two months ago my husband and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary.  We are one of those couples that tries to get a gift within the "annual anniversary gifts" list, i.e. 1st anniversary is paper, 2nd is cotton, 3rd leather, etc.  We have a guide that has a traditional list and a contemporary list, which is fun to decide which we want to choose from.  On the contemporary side, 1st is clock, 2nd is china, 3rd crystal....etc.

So, lucky number 7's options were a desk set and copper.  The desk set option was....eh.  We don't work jobs where we would use something like that and our desks at home...well, no.  So copper it is.

After searching the internet for copper gift options and discussions with each other about possible gifts, we decided on necklaces.  He had been wanting a cross to wear, and I've been wanting a bird necklace.  A quick search on Etsy landed us both just what we wanted.

Cross; Bird & Nest
But after all that copper searching, I have become very drawn to the color/finish.  And I think I'm leaning towards the polished and brushed copper look--like a brand new penny--although the patina copper isn't bad, but not hammered copper.  Some of the verdigris finish is ok, too.

So, with all that being said, 
I am declaring that 
copper is the new gold!  

I'm probably all alone on my own island with this, but I'm going for it!  And here's just a few things that would be so perfect in my house.


I am absolutely loving this candle found here.


These rhino bookends are SO fab

I'm in love with this copper globe!
Copper desk globe 10

Great lamp!


I could definitely drink coffee from these everyday!


A gorgeous menorah {just imagine the other possibilities with copper pipe!}
Hanukkah Menorah Copper Industrial Style
More copper pipe ideas found here!


I have the traditional glass varieties of this oil lamp but I LOVE the modern copper take on it!  Adding to my wish list!


Mirror love!


Leave it to Williams-Sonoma to bring us the most fabulous garden tools ever!
Copper Hand Trowel


Aren't these tables fabulous?!


If you're looking for me, I'll just be soaking away in this tub.  For hours.  Wouldn't you??


This tile could be fun in a bathroom!


Ooooooo, aaaaaahhh...love this pendant!
Wiley Industrial Cord Pendant – Polished Copper


My lucky number!  Great accessory, and Nina agrees with me about copper.  (:


The all white with the pop of copper is fantab!
51d19636fb04d6719f003c99._w.540_s.fit_


Such a sweet little bird feeder!
Audubon Brushed Copper Oriole Feeder


Great summery blouse!
Copper Victoria Top




And this is just FUN!
DEEP V-ZIP BACK SEQUIN DRESS COPPER TONE


And of course, a copper pillow...he he he!


Now, I wouldn't add all of those decor items to my home all at the same time.  That would be a little bit of a copper overload for me.  But, one or two, here and there, would be loverly.  (:  Any favorites with you?

Rustoleum-Metallic-Accents

And, the girls over at Shanty-2-Chic claim this is the best copper paint.  They used it in their outdoor lantern project and it looks pretty fab!  Hopefully this will be my go-to when I decide to hand paint a copper project.

Well, all this love for copper inspired me to create a new color scheme for Fall that I hope to share soon, since Fall is finally upon us!  Yay!
ta-ta til tomorrow!










Like what you see?

Follow along:


Subscribe by email:    
Delivered by FeedBurner

Linking up here:  52 Mantles * BeBetsy * Elizabeth & Co. * Ella Claire * The Blissful Bee * Sugar and Dots 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did you think? I'd love to know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails