Monday, June 30, 2014

{Trending} Lucite + Rustic

I love a good contrast, and what contrasts better than crystal clear Lucite with rustic textures??


Lucite is coming back -- did it ever go away? -- but a new trend has it being paired with rustic, earthy woods, giving a warmth to this starkly clean, modern material.
Lucite has been around for a long while, and I would say it was mostly seen in residential design with this chair:


Other designers jumped on that bandwagon and created other "ghost" chairs, and from there tables and accessories followed suit.


And a lot of times these Lucite beauties were set in modern environments, but sometimes traditional ones as well.  Now, they are being combined with another current style trend:  rustic.  And it looks pretty good.

The obvious way to pull off this trend is pairing the Louis Ghost Chair -- or other Lucite seating options -- with a rustic table or desk -- something rough or worn -- or even placing them in a space that feels rustic.

image found here

image found here

image found here
image found here

image found here

image found here

image found here

image found here

image found here

As I mentioned before, chairs aren't the only items crafted in Lucite.  Tables are also very common, and these can easily be paired with various types of rustic elements.

image found here

image found here

I think the clear table below is actually glass, but the idea is still there.

image found here

While it doesn't contain any Lucite furniture, I loved this space below with the clear stair "railing" combined with the rustic stairway.  Such a great combo!!

image found here

As much as I like those spaces, I think the best examples I found of this trend were products that combined the two as one.  Some of these are just simply amazing.  I'd love to have some of them in my home!

image found here

image found here

image found here

image found here

image found here


This I am absolutely in love with!!:

image found here

image found here

image found here

image found here

image found here

image found here
image found here
image found here

I LOVE this!!
image found here

And this is just crazy amazing!
image found here
image found here
image found here

This is a great DIY for getting the look in your home:
image found here
And, of course, I had to get a little something quirky in:
image found here
Ha!  Isn't that great?!

After researching images for this post, I was crazy inspired to do something similar in my own house.  I didn't have any Lucite laying around, but I did have a glass table top not being utilized.  Combined with a piece of OSB board for that rustic texture and a set of old metal chair legs, my new coffee table was born!


I'll have the DIY post up soon, as well as more photos, so be sure to check back, but here's a couple of teasers.  (:



Catch my first {Trending} post "Crushing on Blush" here.
And be sure to read my previous post, too!

TTfN!



Enjoy this post? Then don't miss out on the others! (:

Follow along:

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what did you think? I'd love to know!

Related Posts with Thumbnails